Monday, February 1, 2010

How I know the Lord loves me

I hadn't recorded this specific time I felt the Lord yet, so I decided to do that so you all can see it! It was actually a while ago when this happened. It seems so inconsequential, but it meant so much to me. Here's what happened:

For communications, I had to give a final speech. I received an extension because of my heart problem, but when the night before my speech came, I was still pretty sick. I struggled to finish it and I had to practice it laying down. I was scared I wouldn't be able to get up the next day.

It was definitely a struggle to get up in the morning. I was supposed to dress up and I knew I just didn't have the stregnth to be super cute....

BUT THEN!

I walked own to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and viola!

my hair was curled.

That may sound weird to you, but it was for real, like perfectly curling iron curled. And I had gone to bed the previous night with wet hair.

So I gave my speech, got an A, and from it was all just dandy. Why bring this up now?

The past few weeks, I've been really, really struggling to keep commitments, do my homework, or really do anything but lay in bed. After all the miracles I saw last semester, you'd think I would think of those. I mean, for goodness sake, I saw an angel and seven girls came to know Christ! But the one that sticks with me is the curled hair. It really puts a new meaning to that verse about the lilies-
"And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!"


He cared enough to curl my hair. One person out of billions... one organism out of everything on this planet, and He curled my hair for me. He loves me :)

1 comment: