Thursday, November 25, 2010

Just another update

Hello friends!

I know you all know I'm going back for more tests soon, but I thought I would give you the schedule, just so you can't say that I never tell anyone anything!!!

So. Monday, I see my cardiologist in St. Paul. I don't think it'll be much of an appointment. Usually, he just tells me that he doesn't know how to help me and then I leave :)

Tuesday, I see my endocrinologist in St. Paul. Since I totally freaked out at him last time (because I was on the crazy medicine) it might be interesting. I'm hoping he will let me go off Prozac, because I don't like it. It gives me insomnia and makes me hyper-active/emotional/weird. But last time I started crying, I pretty much yelled at him, and I begged him to help me, so I'm not sure he'll be in favor of this. We'll see.

Wednesday, I go to the dentist. Yay! I love clean teeth. I will see if I can get my wisdom teeth out this Christmas. Not a big procedure, but because of all the medication and heart and blood pressure and nervous system issues, it complicates things a bit. So... we'll see.

Thursday I go back to Rochester. I see my neurologist from Mayo again to follow up on my progress. Since I still have a ton of chest pain and I've started to see flashes of light in my eyes all the time, this may or may not lead to more tests. I may have to do some eye tests, but most likely we'll just put it on the back burner. The chest pain will be a bigger problem. I may need to have some more tests done to see if I am having muscle spasms in my chest, or maybe have another echo-cardiogram. But, I really won't know till I get there. We'll see... ;)

The next day I see my...eh, fun doctor.... again. They gave me some meds that were supposed to help me with this part of my condition and told me if it did not control the problem, there was probably something else going on. It totally didn't do anything. The problem has gotten even worse since I left. Sooooooooooo that means I get fun ultrasounds and other related tests to see if they can figure out what the heck is going on. I figure this aspect of my appointments at mayo will take the most time. The ultra sound is on friday.

And then, on wednesday of the next week, I go back to my poor, overwhelmed, scared General Physician, who has no idea what to do with me. She was the one who gave me the crazy meds.

So! All in all a crazy week. Hopefully they will find the heart of my problem and get it the heck out of my body!!

But as my neurologist says, "We can diagnose, but only the Lord heals."

And at least at mayo, odds are they won't tell me I'm crazy!

I'll try to write more if we get any answers. Or if I decide about what to do for next semester.

I am thankful for every single one of you!
Love
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment